Underground Utility Fire Causes Minor Damage On Meandering Lane
A utility wire caused quite a fuss in the 5000 block of Meandering Lane, Tuesday morning. Firefighters from the Corpus Christi Fire Department initially responded to what was believed to be a fence on fire.
Upon arrival, fire crews quickly discovered that the fire was actually caused by an underground utility wire that had malfunctioned.
A fence and two nearby utility boxes were damaged by the fire. AEP was able to shut off electricity while the fire was put out and the line was repaired.
Between 20 and 30 meters were impacted for about 2 hours. No injuries or major damage was reported.